Heart Disease Expert Forum
Having chest pains and verigo.
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Having chest pains and verigo.

Could this be the cause of discomfort and issues with lower blood pressure and heart rate?

Left ventricular regional contractility is normal in multiple views with a visually estimated left ventricular ejection fraction of 55-60%.  The left ventricular apex is remarkably trabeculated but does not meet criteria for noncompaction.  

Should I request a heart cath to make sure?  My father passed away very suddenly at the age of 57 and I am 44.
1 Comment
Blank
Hi LJH,
What you copied must be from an echocardiogram report.  The echo segment that you copied is the summary of the left ventricle and is totally normal based on what you wrote.  An echocardiogram has many other components that evaluate the other 3 chambers of the heart (there are 4 total including the left ventricle), the heart valves (there are 4), blood flow through various parts of the heart, pressures in the heart and major blood vessels, the sack around the heart called the pericardium, and other important findings.  You may have heart related problems causing a low blood pressure and slow heart rate, but the left ventricle does not appear to be the problem.  I suggest you discuss the full results of the echo with your physician to make sure there were no abnormalities on the rest of the study.  Knowing the results of an EKG would also be helpful.  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank