Heart Attack in a 19 year old Male
Dear Doctors,

My boyfriend is 19 years old. A little over two months ago he started taking a workout supplement to increase his workouts. A month after that, and just a month ago, he has his first heart attack after a late night drinking. He was in a fib for 3-4 hours, they finally got his heart rate under control and sent him home. he was on bed rest for a week then went back to work. About 2 weeks after the first heart attack, he had another, not as bad as the first one but he still had one. After that his doctors gave him 2 to 2 1/2 months to live if the antibiotics the put him on didn't work, I do not know the name of them. He was just told on Monday that he now has developed two major mitral valve prolapses in his aorta. My question is, is there anything else he can do to help save his life?

Thank You,
Emma
Some of the things you are writing don't quite make sense; the hospital would never send him home a few hours after having a heart attack. They would after correcting an arrhythmia though. It sounds like you may be thinking heart attack when in reality he has an arrythmia problem. A lot of people have Mitral Valve Prolapses and it's no big deal. Realistically, if he only had a short time to live, he would have been turned over to a Transplant Team for evaluation. Are you sure he is not playing on your sympathies, Emma?