Heart Disease Expert Forum
Heart Cath test
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Heart Cath test

My husband will have a heart cath on Tues.  I know the test will show any heart blockage.  Is there anything else the test will show?  Does it show heart damage or anything else that would cause chest pain, involving the heart?

What kinds of questions should we be prepared to ask?

My husband had the heart cath two years ago, but has daily chest pain, and the stress test results were non-conclusive.  Last time they did the test they did emergency 9-by-pass surgery.  He is very nervous about this test.  Any information you would give us would be helpful.