Heart Disease Expert Forum
Heart Catherization
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Heart Catherization

On February 24th I underwent a heart Catherization.  I did not have a blockage but the Dr was able to make a diganosis of Cardiomyopathy.  Shortly after returning to the hospital room following the heart cath I had a bleed from the femoral artery.  The nurses worked hard on my leg to stop it.  I immediately began having pain in my leg.  A month or so after the procedure my cardiologist said I had an inflammation in the femoral artery that was pressing against a nerve causing the pain.  It has been almost four months and I am still having this pain in my right leg.  My internist made the same diagnosis a few months later and even did x-rays to make sure.  I take 2 Celebrex each day for inflammation.  Is this a normal side effect from a heart cath?  Sometimes my leg feels like it is on fire.  My doctor doesn't seem to be to concerned but this problem is controlling my life.  I can't do any of the things I normally do.  Should I go to another doctor?  Have you ever heard of this problem from a heart cath and if so how much longer should it last?  I am getting desperate for some relief.  I appreciate any insight you can offer?