Heart Condition, we think.
My 39 yr old Fiance had chest pain in July that had his Dr so concerned he rushed him by ambulance. Hospital said stomach upset. Primary PC sent him for a stress test to rule out the heart. Stress revealed ejection Fraction 48%. L and R ventricle enlarged and contract. Severe Hypokinesis of the septum and apical wall.Mild hypokinesis of the inferior lateral wall. Heart cath and holter tests done. Holter showed 6 pauses over 2 seconds, with the longest pause 5.5 seconds.Rare PVC and PAC's. Occasional Sinus Bradycardia during sleep. Now heart cath came back nomal. EF was 60, and heart muscle looks good. No evidence od blockage. I am so confused. Is his heart ok or is there something wrong. 2 cardiologists later, and I have no solid answer. What should we be looking at now? Is there something wrong with the way his heart beats when it pauses? He has several symptoms associated with Heart failure of some kind. How can we get our questions answered?
The doctors should check his thyroids,this causes problems for the heart too.Good luck
Mary 310, remember that a stress test is just an indicator, and the heart cath is far more accurate than a stress test in determining heart blockages and heart health.  The stress test indicated an EF of 48% which is essentially normal, and the more difinitive cath showed 60%.  That's a very healthy heart.

What was the doctor's reaction to the holter findings?  Like most of us, his heart has some hiccups.  Was the doctor concerned about them?

I'd listen to the doctor who did the cath.  I've had at least a dozen stress tests and a few less caths, and have always had far more accurate information come from the caths.  
It does sound confusing.

but what about the "Severe Hypokinesis of the septum and apical wall.Mild hypokinesis of the inferior lateral wall".
I don't think an echo would be wrong on that and this is probably what prompted the angiogram.
Ed, as I read the post, 'Severe Hypokinesis' referred to the stress test, not an echo.  I don't see that an echo was performed.  I've had that same result from a stress test, but an echo suggested otherwise.  I agree an echo should be done, but a stress test is not a good indicator of a septum problem.
I assumed it was a stress echo because it states the EF?
When I had a normal exercise tolerance test, what we call a stress test sometimes, I was walking on a treadmill and just hooked to EKG and blood pressure. Nothing which could give an EF reading?
it was a chemical stress test, and he had pictures taken with dye. the stress test was normal during rest, but under stress those were the findings. the cath was done at rest so i do not know who to believe. one Dr says his heart is in trouble and the other one says he is fine.