Heart Disease and Chronic Intestinal Pseudo Obstruction
I had a cardiac arrest in 1995 resulting in a mitral valve replacement, defibrillator implanted in abdomen, and pacemaker.  Since then I have been diagnosed with CHF and an upgrade to a bi-ventricular pacemaker.  Last Dec. it was discovered the epicardial leads from the defibrillator were causing problems and needed to be removed.  I had a laser  lead extraction done, defibrillator removed, and a combination device--biventricular pacemaker/defibrillator.  Since that time I have been in atrial fibrillation most of the time.  I have also developed a much distended belly diagnosed as chronic intestinal pseudo obstruction.  I was told to go on amiarodone for the -Afib and to live with the cipo.  Do you know of any correlation between the heart issues and the development of CIPO? (I also have small fiber neuropathy, autonomic neuropathy, RLS, Erythromelalgia, Chronic venous insufficiency, Gerd, Hiatal Hernia, Diverticulosis, depression, and anxiety.)
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction (CIP) is a gastrointestinal motility disorder, it may not be related to the heart issues.  With your past history of small fiber neuropathy and autonomic neuropathy, CIP could be due to diabetes mellitus. Diabetes can cause autonomic neuropathy and affect the digestive system, leading to problems with digestion and elimination. So, have yourself evaluated to rule out diabetes, you could sometimes be in the pre diabetic state. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.