Heart Disease Expert Forum
Heart Flutters

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Heart Flutters

Recently I've noticed an increase in Heart flutter after finishing a meal.  The fluttering appears to be associated with indigestion and once the indigestion ceases so do the flutters. Should there be any concern here ?

Mike.s
It just sounds like indigestion, but if you think your heart is actually beating irregularly, you should have that evaluated by your doctor.
Yesterday, I went to the doctor with chest pains that have been accuring for about 3 months, I am 31 years old. The EKG showed that I have (WPW). The blood tests results haven't came back yet. Should I be concerned about the pain in my chest? What can I expect from my doctor at my next visit? Next question: Does stress aggravate this disorder?

Thank you,
Rhonda Chrisley
WPW predisposes to fast/irregular heart rates and palpitations. The next step would be to see if arrythmia might be responsible for you chest pains. If that is the case, referral to a cardiac electrophysiologist for an ablation procedure would be appropriate.