Heart Disease Expert Forum
Heart Murmur/Shortness of Breath
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Heart Murmur/Shortness of Breath
I'm 22 years old and I was recently diagnosed with a heart murmur. I have been having shortness of breath/difficulty breathing since I was 14 and it's getting worse.  I've had inhalers before but they ended up making it harder for me to breath. Recently, I have been having cheat pain and vertigo(sometimes) with my shortness of breath. When I inhale, the pain in my chest is near my heart. I've also started to notice that I tend to yawn when I have difficulty breathing. I don't know what is going on with me. I don't know if it have anything to do with my heart murmur or not.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1803629_tn?1323454726
I recommend that you see a cardiologist for further evaluation.  He or she will likely order an echocardiogram (ultrasound of your heart) and an electrocardiogram (an electrical tracing) to evaluate for structural heart disease (such as a leaky or narrowed valve that could cause a heart murmur) or electrical problems.  Some heart murmurs are not dangerous but it is important to make sure that this is indeed the case.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now