Heart Disease Community
Heart Pausing

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Heart Pausing

My heart at times pauses in between heartbeats. I have had an EKG done and it was normal. My blood pressure is always good. What's up with my heart?

-Kelly
Probably nothing. I have episodes of this, now more often then in prior years. Don't know what triggers it, but every time it happens I can all of a sudden feel my heart beat. It misses a beat and then keeps on going normally until it happens again. There could be hours or even days in between or sometimes in succession. I can only speak for myself, of course, but I just ignore it.
It just scares me! The heart is a major part of the body ya know. It happens throughout the day and it's frequency varies. Thanks for responding!
It's very scary. And it can take your breath away.  I had that for years without any problems.  I could even feel the missed beat in the pulse in my wrist.  Most of the time it is benign and many others have this same thing.  It's good that you followed up on it though.  Take care, Ally

What you are probably experiencing are benign PVC's.  Some of us have 100's to 1000's of skipped beats each day.  If you continue to be concerned ask your doctor to give you an event monitor and you can record the skipped beat to make sure what it is.

My heart has been pausing for about one second, then proceeds with one heavy beat and normal beats follow. Sometimes there are more than one pause in succession. It takes my breath away everytime it  happens. This is not a warning of a heart attack is it?
I'm starting to wonder if it's due to anxiety?