Heart Disease Expert Forum
Heart Rate and BP Meds
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Heart Rate and BP Meds

Hello,

I take an ARB (Hyzaar) to control blood pressure. It's been about 4 months and I've noticed a reduction in heart rate when I exercise. I achieve target heart rate after about 15-20 minutes and then I continue to exercise at that level for another 30-40 minutes. Usually by the end of time I expect my heart rate to be higher (and it feels like it should be), but it is not. In the past my heart rate would accelerate up to 20 points higher. I can't tell if this is a good thing or bad thing. I had a stress echo a year ago it was ruled "normal". Can this be the medication? Am I getting in better shape or worse shape?

Thanks in advance!