Aa
A
A
Close
Heart Scan-Calcium Score
I am a 36 yo male with a strong family history of Heart Disease, My father died at age 43 with his first MI occurring at age 36. I had a Heart Scan done last week and got the results. My cacium score is 14.31 with an Area of 7.9 sq mm in my LAD. How concerned do I need to be at this time. I am seeing a Cardiologist to monitor risk factors. I take Trilipix, Lisinopril, and 81mg ASA since my mid 20's and Cardizem CD due to frequent and annoying PVC's. I have recently begun to adopt a Vegetarian diet after reading Dr. Dean Ornish and other researchers. I am over weight at 238lb at 6ft tall and have been relatively sedentary. I am working on that. My lipids are within normal range with use of Meds. Would a statin be more effective for atherosclerosis management? Thanks
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
996946 tn?1449411700
I don't really know much about this.  I wish someone does would post some good info.  I did have a 64 heart scan and my calcium level was 16.  The Dr said that was low (good?) I only know he didn't act like it was a bad thing. Like I said, I hope someone comes along and clears things up for you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1440481484
Blank
Netherlands