Heart Disease Community
Heart Scarring

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Heart Scarring

My heart specialist has told me to go home and enjoy what i do as they cant do anything more for me as my heart is too scarred from 3 heart attacks repaired Mitral Valve...I also have had long term Rhumatoid Arthritus, Kidney Failure 1 kidney is helping the other 1 that is shrinking  and Emphysemia mild so far How long can I possibly live with these conditions...ty Betty
im sorry to hear this, what a horrid thing to say to you, with rhumatoid arthritus it can spread to the heart leading to heart failure then there will be nothing you can do, have they given you any meds for your heart? you can survive with one kidney, have your heart attacks been massive or minor? what were they caused by? was it stress or diet? send me a note if you wanna chat xx
put faith in god and prey all the time...god willwatchover you and let miracleshappen..just believe in him.
ty for answering.. 2 of the heart attacks were really bad the 3rd I didnt know I had.it showed up on the echo...but the reason my heart specialist said that was because I told him I didnt want anymore tests done id been in hospital 14 times and Ive know when my kidney and lung was affected that I knew in my heart that Iwas on borrowed time so Im glad he was straight forward...Ive accepted it after many tears and deep depression over it and after 3months decided to get on with my life as much as I can I knew but down the track I was going to end up in a wheelchair with the Rhumatoid Athritus and dependant on other people...Im now getting everything ready to be able to stay at home and have incare home when Need be. and yes Its good to talk to someone about it ty. Betty
Betty, for heaven's sake don't give up hope! That's the worse thing you can do! If it's one thing I've learned through having a best friend with HIV and AIDS (4 times diagnosed), hope is what keeps people going! My friend was diagnosed in 1984 with HIV and AIDS. She's still alive today and it's 2010! The doctors gave her a year to live. My daughter, they said she would never live past her childhood and we were told to take her home and spoil her; to let her enjoy what childhood she had left (she was 8 at the time) She is now 33. She had Juvenile Rhuematoid Arthritis, a Coagulopathy which caused a stroke at 10, decreased kidney function, restrictive lung disease, muscle weakness and a slew of heart disease which included a SEVERE form of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy which affected both ventricles (that is where the heart wall becomes so thick that it outstrips the blood supply so you are having non stop heart attacks and chest pain and the chambers can't relax properly so they don't work well), Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome, Sick Sinus Syndrome which she had a duel chamber pacemaker for at 8, Right and Left Bundle branch Blocks, A-Fib, Non-sustained Ventricular Tachycardia, a Maheim Fiber, finally a heart transplant where she has managed to have 4-5 bouts of CHF with. (No one knows why that keeps happening) Her EF% at this point is only 15% and she is still getting around and working part time!  My father had one kidney and was on dialysis for 7 years before he died. He lost a leg in an accident so he had blood pressure issues. They never expected him to live, but he did and he once told me that he was ready to die because he had accomplished everything in his life that he had ever wanted to do. he was an amazing man, and he never let his handicaps ever slow him down. (I think that is where my daughter gets it from! :)  )
Forgot to ask you, has anyone talked to you about having a transplant???