Heart Disease Community
Heart Symptoms

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Heart Symptoms

I am a worried 43 year old man ... who until recently worked out in a gym 5 days a week. A couple of month ago I was told I had an enlarged heart, found after having an xray for pneumonia. Since the Xray I have had an ECG which came back abnormal ... I believe the term used was 'clusters'. I am currently waiting to see a specialist but wanted to know if other symptoms that I have suffered for a few years could be connected. I suffer from severe tiredness, even when I wake up .... been tested (blood) by the GP for amemia, this was clear but they could give no reason for the tiredness. Also 2 years ago I was sent for breathing tests as I was constantly short of breath. Please advise me if these symptom could be connected to heart disease, so I will raise them with the specialist.

Good Luck to all of you ...   Eamon..
Hello.

Try not to worry.  Wait and see what you find out from the specialist and then you can go forward from there.  I have not heard of "clusters" in reference to an EKG, but maye someone else knows what that means.  Have you had any other heart tests?  

An enlarged heart can cause other symptoms, but it's really important not to jump to too many conclusions.  A cardiologist will be able to help sort things out.  Were the breathing test results normal?  Was your heart checked at that time?  Any swelling, dizziness, chest pain or discomfort?  These symptoms can all be caused by heart problems, but can also be from anxiety, vascular, neurological and even gastro problems.  When is your appointment?  I'd ask for an echocardiogram and possible a stress test.

Wishing you the best

connie