Heart Test
Heart Testing
I am a 56 year old woman.  3 years ago, I had a heart scan, stress test and EKG.  How often, or ever, do these need to be repeated.  I also dont know the exact outcomes.  I received a phone call from my primary care doc's office saying "everything's fine" and I didn't ask any questions.  Now I am afraid of what I dont know can hurt me.  Do I need to know?  How do I access these results? Whenever I have gone to the doc's, she says, "all the tests were fine"  
You should get the records of your tests.  This will give you an opportunity to discuss with your doctor for something you may not understand, future reference, and something may develop where you want to seek another opinion.

You access the records by going to the record department of your hospital or whoever is holding your records.  You have a legal right to those records, and you will be asked to sign a waiver.  I'm asked why I want the records, and I tell the clerk I am going to get a second opinion...I would have to pay a reproduction copy fee if it is just for my records.

Time between tests depend on your medical condition, and if there is a condition that merits watching.  Typically every 5 years, every one year, or every 6 months depending on the circumstances.