Heart Valve Disease/Connective Tissue Disease - what to watch for.
I am a 29 and last year I was diagnosed with Mitral Valve regurgitation (trace), Tricuspid valve regurgitation (trace), Aortic valve regurgitation (trace) - they also suspected I had a dilated aortic root which was confirmed by CT scan. He is convinced I have a connective tissue disease causing my problems (im tall, skinny, very flexible - among other things). It is now a year later and I just had my yearly echo review and only my mitral valve has deteriorated a bit and he is now classifying it as "moderate to medium" instead of "trace to moderate" regurgitation. I have been having strange chest pains that dont seem to correspond with food - but definitely correspond to stress so he is worried more about my aorta and I am scheduled to get another CT scan to check on my aorta again. One thing i forgot to ask him if is stress would cause pain if my aorta were "more" dilated - I always assumed that it would be a constant pain... not one that comes and goes. Does anyone know?

Another question - I have been tested for the marfan gene and that came back negative... are there other tests i should take? We moreso want to know just so we know what else to watch for.... and what i might need to watch for in my children.

Last question - I am active, but i get winded easily. I have to stop alot while hiking to catch my breath. Should i stop all this? I know the best thing is to live your life and not let anything interfere - but as a single mother i am thinking of my kids. I eat well and my cholesterol is low... but I wonder if i should be doing something else.

Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

=)