Heart and Stents
Why does my son who is 35 now and who had a heart attack with stents, having on going chest pain since stents over 13 months ago?
I think that there would have to be more detail to begin to understand why this is happening. There could be a number of reasons for ongoing discomfort, such as, some of his heart muscle may have died during the incident. However, if the tissue had died, why did they stent the vessel? In many cases the tissue is damaged, but not dead, and can recover over time. In most cases this usually occurs in a period of a few months.
Has your Son had the pains ever since the Stent? or have they re-appeared since then?
It could be restenosis, a blockage forming in the stent. It could be another blockage is forming. There could be many reasons, but I would certainly get him to make an appointment with his cardiologist because there are tests which can be run to establish what the problem is.
I hope you recieved the other info but in answer to your question, yes the pain he feels has never been relieved since the heart attack. The stenting curbed the pressure but never cured the chest pain. It has never gone and it flucuates as I said on a pain scale of 4-8.