Heart Disease Expert Forum
Heart attack and stent 5 months ago
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Heart attack and stent 5 months ago

Hello I am needing someone to ask if this is normal, I hae been battling depression, frustration, anger and low self esteem since my heart attack 5 months ago,  Some days i get by ok others I am just a bit bothered by it but lately it seems tobe getting worse I am angry I get moody really fast. I feel very frustrated I have stopped doing daycare a few months after heart attack it was just draining me taking care of so many young ones.  I have been looking for a sit down job that does not take a lot of standing.  I have had several episodes of vasal vagel syncope,  I take effient, was taking atenolol but just recently my doctor changed it to coreg.  I take several other meds.  I also take aspirin to assist the effient in blood thinning.  Im 51 have not went thru the change yet so I still have my monthly cycles which since on these meds as you can imagine have casued some issues.  I am now extremely anemic.
I have been told by family doctor I should check into abaltion but I cant stop taking the effient at this time they say that would cause a massive heart attack.  So im so torn frustrated angry and moody I dotnt sleep well.  I just feel so confused at what to do.  All in all I feel pretty good other then very tired alot.  But I have no chest pains on a regular basis off and on some but nothing bad.  please any advise.

Lori
1495448_tn?1326846430
I'm sorry to hear you're having some difficulty.  Depression is extremely common after a heart attack, and several studies have shown that patients who have untreated depression after a heart attack have worse outcomes than those you get their depression addressed.  If you are not seeing a psychiatrist, it is a good place to start.  As for vasovagal syncope, I'm not sure why you are having this now.  It is possible that your heart attack damaged part of your conduction system and you are now having consequences of that.  If this is the case, you should discuss with an electrophysiologist--heart rhythm doctor--to make sure you don't need a pacemaker.  Best of luck to you.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank