Heart Disease Expert Forum
Heart attack or stroke.

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Heart attack or stroke.

My c reactive protein is 3.13. should I be worried.  I am 35 years and just had a baby 4 months ago.  My total cholesterol is 187, triglycerides are 90, LDL is 130 and my HDL is 39.  I also have newly dxd htn since I had my baby.
First, you should know that there are different assays with different values for CRP.  If this is HR CRP, then you would fall into the high cardiovascular mortality risk group, regardless of you cholesterol findings.  The only caveat in that is that you had a recent pregnancy and delivery and probably lots of stress related to having a newborn.  The HTN also does not help.  I would probably recheck this in a few months.  If still high, and there are other risk factors for cardiovascular mortality including persistent high blood pressure, I would recommend starting a statin only if you are not breastfeeding.  Of course, diet and activity level should be modified first.  
Please be very serious about diet and lifestyle change to lower cholesterol before trying statin drugs.  Your doctor will only mention diet and lifestyle in passing, like the doc above, however, you should know that statins cause a CoQ10 deficiency that effectively drains your batteries, contributing to heart failure!  Statins also interfere with the way cholesterol is absorbed, and your brain NEEDS cholesterol.

Please come by Heart Failure Solutions and do some reading before you make a decision to start such a potentially harmful drug.  Chasing a little one is going to get you back into good shape, see yourself that way with visualization everyday, and be careful not to sabotage yourself.

Many blessings.
You can also check out www.takethepressuredown.ca for more information and prevention ideas.  And, of course, your doctor is the best resource.  Good luck!