Heart Disease Community
Heart attack

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Heart attack

Hi I'm Dominique Crowdus I am a male I am 19 years old and I've been getting sharp pains sometimes to the right left  or middle of my chest my left arm aches and I've had indigestion for a month and I don't know why I also get lower sometimes upper back pains that comes and goes I also feel heavy on my left side like I'm going to tip over when I walk I've had all of these problems for a while and I've heard that these factors can be symtoms (symptoms) of a heart attack I've been very worried. How possible is it for a person my age to have a heart attack? Please reply
It would be wrong of me to say that someone of your age cannot have a heart attack, because it can happen at basically any age BUT the younger you are, the more unlikely it is. Have you ever had any tests, such as EKG or Echo to ensure that you wasn't born with a heart defect? This is being taken more seriously in the UK now, children in many schools are given an EKG before commencing any physical activities. It's a good screening process. Don't feel alarmed, just go and have a chat with your Doctor and explain your symptoms. A regular health check will pick up any abnormalities.
No I have had an EKG but I have had two blood test and X-rays what are the chances of some my age having one. On my mom side there is no history of any heart problems but idk my father so idk about his side
An actual heart attack, pretty close to zero.
I'm going to a doctor Thursday do you think it could be a kidney problem I did mention the fact that I've had indigestion.
It could be so many things, which is why you need a professional to look you over.
Just remember though that a heart attack possibility is virtually zero.
Alrighty ill keep that in mind thank you!