Heart Disease Expert Forum
Heart beat

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Heart beat

Is it normal to be able to feel your heart beat in your stomach area? It doesn't feel like a bulge or anything like that just a slight heart beat in that area. I am 18 and no people in my family have had a aneurysm. I am kinda skinny but not really skinny and I don't have a genetic disorder ether.please comment and thanks
Yes is normal to feel ur heart beat in your stomach..
Avatar n tn

It is normal, if you are a thin person, to be able to palpate your pulse with deep palpation of your abdomen. If you don't have any family history of aneurysms and don't have a connective tissue disorder like ehler-danlos or Marfans, it is very unlikely to have an aneurysm at such a young age. We always recommend discussing these things with your doctor if you are concerned, but, in general, what you are describing is most likely normal.