Heart Disease Expert Forum
Heart effecting my neurological condition

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

I have a dull pressure in the head all the time due to a benign fibrous dysplasia bone lesion in my skull,  and many times when I first stand up the pressure in my head increases so much that I can't walk or think, it just feels like my head will explode with every heartbeat (a forceful massive dull pressure every heartbeat),  also this same pressure is felt in my upper chest at the same time.  Eventually it fades from the center to the back of my head and dies out.     If severe enough, my hearing briefly goes out.   It follows the same pattern as near syncope upon standing, although I don't feel lightheaded at all.   I also have non life threatening irregular heartbeats, but my heart and aorta is fine (I had a chest CT and cervical vessels MRI)
Unfortunately as a Cardiologist I cannot help solve the problem of headaches related to the fibrous lesion but they sound very painful.  Sometimes with migraines, every heart beat can cause the pain to be worse.  Sometimes Neurologists use beta-blockers (one called propanolol) to help relax the blood vessels giving blood to the brain which may help for your pain also.  May be worth trying!

In terms of your chest pressure, I doubt this is due to a serious heart condition such as angina.  More likely the pain in your head is so severe that it is radiating down into your neck and chest.  But, if you would like to investigate the chest pain further to make sure then you could have an EKG done and possibly a stress test, however like I said, this does not sound like typical cardiac chest pain.  

Hope this helps.  Good Luck!
PS  the fibrous lesion is in my frontal bone 3.5 cm