Heart Disease Community
Heart hole

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Heart hole

Hi Today my doctor called me about my ECG. results and told me that I have hole in the musscles of my upper heart so i asked him but he said i have to wait and see whats going to happened so please let me know if it is something serious
I don't know the exact specifics or name of it, but everyone has a whole in the heart that closes before birth.  Some babies are born without their hole ever closing up.  If this is what you have, then it's something that cardiologists are very familiar with.  My doctor told me that it was what I might have, but it turned out I didn't.  So anyways, I would wait for further testing to be done, and then your doctor will be able to answer any questions you have.  Don't worry, they wouldn't be making you wait if you were in any immediate danger.  It's probably just something that needs to be fixed before it causes any problems down the road and so you can have a better quality of life.  Best of luck to you and take care of yourself.