Heart lesions
I had a double bypass in Nov. 2010, I had 2 blockages in my LAD that were 70% and they told me I had to have the surgery immediately so I did. in June 2011 I had pain so severe it put me on my knees at work I made it home but it was so bad I could'nt get up so an ambulance took me to the hospital where they said I was having a heart attack the cath showed the surgery failed and they put in 2 stents, in Oct 2011 I had the same symptoms the cath showed the stents were blcked and they put in 2 more stents these were medicated this time. In May 2012 I started hav'ing pain again the cath this time showed an occluded LIMA to the LAD and the Cicumflex marginal had a 60-70% lesion, diagonal of the LAD has 60% ostial disease, 55% stenosis in the LAD between the 2 stents, and the right coranary had 35% stenosis. I am on 20 mg of Crestor. I have been having chest pain again even fainting spells, but my cardiologist has'nt done another cath. The Dr. at the hospital asked if anyone has suggested another open heart and I told him they hav'nt he suggested I may need another cath done. Do you think I should ask my Dr. about another surgery. My brother died at 49 from the same condition and my mother had 2 heart attacks, my father also had a quadruple bypass, so I guess I'm a little worried at this point. The Dr. at the hospital said I had an aggressive coronary heart disease, and that my blood was thick. My cardiologist had taken me off my Effient because he said I would'nt need it with medicated stents. What do you think I should do, get a second opinion?

This discussion is related to Stent-Ablasion.
You certainly do need at least some form of anticoagulant with medicated or bare stents. Clotting can occur with both, so I have no idea why your cardiologist even said that. You have been through a very similar ordeal to my own, only my triple bypass failed after 3 months. I've now had 10 stents. I was put onto a strong aggressive statin (lipitor 40mg) and ezetimibe 10mg to help boost it. One act son the Liver and one on the digestive system to lower fats. I had my first attack at 46 and my disease kept progressing. I cut my sugar intake right down, took lessons in handling stress and then my disease seemed to stop. Even with high average blood pressure 140/99 - 140/103 the disease still hasn't got any worse. It isn't about surgery or stents, it's about BIG lifestyle changes. Surgery and stents can only alleviate the problems being caused by your lifestyle. I eat very little meat now, I mainly eat fish. I no longer trust chicken, especially in the UK because they feed them so many steroids and antibiotics. Free range are supposed to be better, but I have no idea what is injected into those, so I avoid them. I buy fresh fruit and veg, never packaged stuff in supermarkets. I cook using ingredients, never packaged meals anymore, and I haven't had a take away in years. Packaged meals are packed with sugar to make them taste better. Diet plays a huge part in heart disease so the more you can change it to the healthy side, the better. Drinks should also be watched, especially sugar levels. I read that some children died relating to energy drinks packed with sugar and overdoses of caffeine. If your heart bypass didn't work the first time, and if your Lima is blocking, then I would have to ask why it work a second time around. If in your shoes, I would go with stents again but make big changes in my life. You have to break the vicious cycle.
1st: I am not a clinician or doctor.  
2nd: I am a heart patient.  !st stents in 2000.  Emergent quadruple by-pass in 2011.  I make a list...one for my doc, one for me.  Makes them a bit crazy at times but I AM MY BEST ADVOCATE FOR ME!!
3rd: Get approval from your insurance (if necessary) and get a second opoinion.  NOW please.
4th: Sign records release at each physician and hospital and make a binder of you care.  Knowledge is power.
5th: These are suggestions.  You aren't alone.  Let us know how things are going.  God Bless You.

elliot777