Heart Disease Expert Forum
Heart murmur

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Heart murmur

I've been told that my fatigue is because of my heart murmur.  Should I give in to my tiredness or stick to a schedule?

_
Dear Jodie, thank you for your question.   If you have a heart murmur and you are experiencing fatigue, then you need to see a physician for an accurate diagnosis of the cause of the murmur and fatigue.  Many heart murmurs are entirely benign and are just related to increased blood flow across the cardiac valves.  
I hope you find this information useful.  Information provided in the heart forum is for general purposes only.  Only your physician can provide specific diagnoses and therapies. Please feel free to write back with additional questions.  Good luck!
If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE or inquire online by using the Heart Center website at www.ccf.org/heartcenter.   The Heart
Center website contains a directory of the cardiology staff that can be used to select the physician best suited to address your cardiac problem.