Heart Disease Expert Forum
Heart pain even after a single night sleep loss
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Heart pain even after a single night sleep loss

I know chronic sleep loss will cause heart problems but I'm talking about sleep loss even on a single night, that too not even total sleep loss but partial. I always get an on and off dull pain in the left side of the chest the day after a sleep loss, this has been noticed for about 4 years. Now in the past 2 months, there is a new symptom the day after a sleep loss - in addition to the dull pain on the left side, there is also a crushing/squeezing pain right in the middle of the chest, that lasts continuously.
I'm 31 yrs old, extremely fit and exercise everyday, with a low resting heart rate, and cholesterol & triglycerides is normal. Well it had been fluctuating to high sometimes in the past, but atleast right now it is not high.
Please help.
Hi,

Chest pain in someone your age can be from a variety of causes. The most common things tend to be noncardiac in your age group (ie peptic ulcer disease, esophageal spasm, anxiety, musculoskeletal pain). This being said, it is always a good idea to get this checked out formally by a physician as we do sometimes see heart issues in young people and therefore do not want to let this go without a thorough evaluation.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...