Heart Disease Community
Heart palpitations when falling asleep, I am sooo tired!!

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

I am 34,

Falling asleep I will suddenly wake with palpitations, fast and hard, feels like my whole body is shaking, I will have to proceed to take slow long deep breaths to "calm down" my heart........the last few weeks it seems to have gotten much worse.... took my pulse as I lay there...108 and I can't go to sleep, this will keep going for a couple of hours or till I am so exausted I just fall asleep. I am soooo tired and just sick and tired of it, I literally want to beat myself up b/c I get so angry when it happens,, I just want to sleep!!!!
How is your stress level?  Any history of indigestion.

I was getting palps when laying on my left side, and sometimes on my right.  Sitting up helped.  What I did not realize was that sitting up was helping because it was a stomach issue, rather than a heart issue.  I have sent many messages to people to get checked for a  hiatal hernia.  Google to see if it may be your issue.  For me, neck position, bending forward, eating within 3 hours of laying down, all set me off.  Dr.s may tell you the two are not related, but 10 minutes on the net will show you different.  Just google palpitations and hiatal or hiatus hernia.

If it is the case, you will feel much better knowing that it is not a heart issue.

good luck.
I am a person that is very stressed, even If i try not to be I am....

I just recently had an Upper GI scope and they didn't detect a hernia, I do have GERD and take PROTONICS daily.

But I will read up on it and see what I can find, thank you for your advice.
please send this to Jon Schwank at ***@**** Jon has a problem with sleeping and works all different hours day and night and has had a heart by pass.