Heart Disease Expert Forum
Heart pounding during sleep

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Heart pounding during sleep

Here is the background. In June I had Ablation done for Afib. It seemed to work well until last month. I sleep on my left side and there are times when I roll over my heart will start beating hard and slower than normal and do not last over a few min.
I have had angio and the heart is supposed to be fine and Ejection Fraction is in the High 60's had stress test and went 11 min all tell me that my heart is fine to quit worring

Here is my concerns
Have single PVC very few a day 58 in a 24hr period last halter
in last week started having Multi PVC's or runs (4-5 in a row)
Any work out doors and heart rate stays high for hours 98-115
and the hard pounding at night sometimes it races and feels like it needs to catch up .

I have had several halters and there has been some changes in EKG that they say are normal

Anyone have any ideas
My concern would be that your atrial fibrillation is back.  You should probably go no a continuous monitoring for a couple of weeks to make sure that's not the case.  It woule be unusual for PVC to cause these rapid palpitations, especially at night.  
I was just put on a 24hr monitor, but as you said it could be back and they didn't catch last time until a week of monitoring. So the rapid fire feeling during the day is not PVC would it mean that it is NSVT or something like that. I went ot the Saint Lukes in Houston to have the ablation and The Dr was very happy and sure he got it.