Heart Disease Expert Forum
Heart symptoms and MCTD
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Heart symptoms and MCTD

I have Mixed Connective Tissue Disease and I am experiencing pain in the middle of my chest that travels in a line to the right, palpitations that sometimes make me feel that I am going to pass out, shortness of breath and fatigue.  I am worried that something new is going on.  Is my worry warranted? I am 48 years old, I take plaquenil for the MCTD, cardizem for palpitations, synthroid for thyroid disease, estrodiol for hormone replacement (had hysterectory 10 years ago).  I often have aches and pains and swelling.  I hate to run to the doctor with everything because lots of times the symptoms are gone by the time I end up seeing the doctor.  This symptom, however, seems to be lingering and it's worrying me a bit.  Any info you can offer would be appreciated.