Heart Disease Community
Heart

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Heart

I am 32 years old, today when I wake up I am feeling a little pain in my both hands and lower jaw. After sometime there was unbearable pain in both of my hands, shoulders, jaw and even feeling breathless due to which i even started crying. After 2 minutes it suddenly reduced and i was feeing fine. However in next 2 hours it happened approx 5-6 times. I went to doctor and he mentioned that this is cause of Viral infection. I have a history of Hiatal Hernia due to which acid reflux through stomach to my oesophagus and i suffer from cough. Please suggest should i go for a check up of heart or anything else?
I had a heart attack back in 2007, one which brought me to my knees in absolute agony. Last year I felt something very similar and went to the hospital emergency and it turned out that my heart was fine. It was an inflamed oesophagus and now I know just how painful it can be. What confused me was the pains in my arms/back/chest and feeling cold sweats. They explained this is quite common because the inflammation can rub against the vagus nerve which goes to the heart and many organs. A heart attack doesn't stop, that's the difference. My heart attack continued until the artery was stented but this pain did go after 20-40 mins, sometimes less. It didn't seem to matter what I ate, it would return again, sometimes hours later. I cured mine by taking several doses of Gaviscon each day and I put 3 extra pillows on my bed, making more elevated at my head end to stop acid flowing back. I did this for 3 weeks and the problem stopped. I recommend acting on this because the ring of muscles at the top of your stomach which close to stop acid backflow can become permanently damaged from the acid. I know what discomfort you are in and I really sympathise with you.