Heart Disease Community
Heart

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Heart

I am 32 years old, today when I wake up I am feeling a little pain in my both hands and lower jaw. After sometime there was unbearable pain in both of my hands, shoulders, jaw and even feeling breathless due to which i even started crying. After 2 minutes it suddenly reduced and i was feeing fine. However in next 2 hours it happened approx 5-6 times. I went to doctor and he mentioned that this is cause of Viral infection. I have a history of Hiatal Hernia due to which acid reflux through stomach to my oesophagus and i suffer from cough. Please suggest should i go for a check up of heart or anything else?
I had a heart attack back in 2007, one which brought me to my knees in absolute agony. Last year I felt something very similar and went to the hospital emergency and it turned out that my heart was fine. It was an inflamed oesophagus and now I know just how painful it can be. What confused me was the pains in my arms/back/chest and feeling cold sweats. They explained this is quite common because the inflammation can rub against the vagus nerve which goes to the heart and many organs. A heart attack doesn't stop, that's the difference. My heart attack continued until the artery was stented but this pain did go after 20-40 mins, sometimes less. It didn't seem to matter what I ate, it would return again, sometimes hours later. I cured mine by taking several doses of Gaviscon each day and I put 3 extra pillows on my bed, making more elevated at my head end to stop acid flowing back. I did this for 3 weeks and the problem stopped. I recommend acting on this because the ring of muscles at the top of your stomach which close to stop acid backflow can become permanently damaged from the acid. I know what discomfort you are in and I really sympathise with you.