Heart Disease Community
Heartbeat is only in my stomach?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Heartbeat is only in my stomach?

While I was bored poking around at my stomach, I pressed one area where my heartbeat was extremely strong. I understand there is an artery there or whatever, but I have tried getting a pulse on other parts of my body, with little or no success .. I have tried my throat, wrist, upper thigh by the artery and there would only be a VERY minor pulse. I tried different places in these areas and no success. I have constantly been dizzy and get chest pains frequently. I have been feeling sick to my stomach lately and i swear it feels like my heart is on my stomach or something. It's kind of freaking me out how I hardly have a pulse anywhere else. I even tried pressing in under the ribcage from underneath and felt no pulse. In my abdomen though, the pulse is extremely strong. Is this normal? Am I just being a hypochondriac or should I go to the doctor? I just find it strange that my stomach is the only place I can get a decent pulse. Help?!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
976897_tn?1379171202
First of all, most arteries are too deep in the body to feel a pulse, this is because they are protected more from injury that way. Secondly, use your fingers only when checking your own pulse, your thumbs have a strongish pulse of their own. Feeling a pulse in your body and your thumb at the same time can make you think you have a more rapid heart rate, or a skipping rhythm. You can look here for the pulse points...

http://www.emergencymedicaled.com/Illustrations/Pulse%20Points.htm
Blank
329165_tn?1385201516
The pulse that you feel on your stomach is the Aorta and it can be felt easily and that is completely normal.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
Blank
Mom347 is ... Comment
47 mins ago
Blank
remar commented on photo
9 hrs ago
Blank