Heart Disease Expert Forum
Heat catherization issue

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Heat catherization issue
I had a Heart Catherization at the end of July at CCF. My issue is I have a lump a couple of inches above the artery entry point. I have some pain and when I cough it seems like a Hernia. Is this something unusual or not. When I cough I have pain down my penile area.
Hey,

It is hard to give you a diagnosis without taking a look at the area. It is extremely uncommon to have any sequelae of heart catheterization so many months after the procedure, especially if you did not have any problem immediately after the procedure.
I would recommend having your primary care doctor take a look at this area and see if this could be probably related.
If indeed there is a suspicion of a vascular complication, he/she would order tests accordingly to clarify that issue.

Hope that helps