Heart Disease Community
Heavy Arms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Heavy Arms

I'm a 55 year old woman in good health. About 2½ years ago while staying to assist my brother who had had a stem cell transplant I had my first episode of heavy arms not too long after using a wife for killing germs. Later that day I read that one should use gloves while using these and I thought maybe this was the cause of my arms becoming suddenly heavy. A couple times a week or as little as once a month this has been happening. However unlike the person on Feb 6 my arms never feel like the blood is rushing to my hands.
I have hard time trying to understand that post. wife is the female partner. You wanted to say knife maybe? But even that doesn’t make any sense."WIFE" is a name of a camical? I kill germs with winger and hot water.
Or do I miss something? What kind of germs you were killing?
Also your arms’ might be heavy because of their weight, not for killing germs 2 and a half year s ago. This is a little bizarre. :)
I think she meant "wipes," one of those pre-moistened cloths for disinfecting surfaces. I agree that's it's odd to let it go on this long without checking with the doctor. If it had been an allergic reaction, it would have cleared up by now.

I occasionally get that heavy feeling in my arms and legs (like someone tied bags of sand to them) but it's usually when I'm upset/stressed. It may be related to my heart and some fluid retention but I'd rather believe it's stress related. The other day my legs felt swollen and heavy from the knee down. Not sure why but it did clear up after several hours.

The best person to check this out would be your doctor of course. Not my favorite person to visit but sometimes we must.
Thanks Ireneo!:)
I go over and you must share your chocolate with me.:) j/k. I haven’t eat chocolate since Easter.
Since I lost 6 kilos, my arms too are lighter.:)
I am not saying we should say: all about our pounds or kilos, but I feel even after getting rid of few kilos how much easier to do everything. I used to feel my legs were heavy, and as you said cleared up after a few hours, most an hour and it is always morning.  You right stress might have a lot to do with it also.
And yes allergic reaction never can be underestimate.
Nice to see you Miss V. I'm not a person prone to getting anxiety attacks and I'm sure someone who has experienced them could tell us whether a heavy feeling in the arms is related. But I have had the odd feeling that my arms felt heavy to lift. It doesn't last too long (unlike my swollen legs and feet) but there's a dull ache down both arms and it's uncomfortable.

Good for you losing some weight. It's a very difficult thing to do. I've lost 4 lbs (good for my heart and BP) but it was due to stress (not good for the heart LOL).
Oh my goodness! I did mean "wipe". Spell check can't read my mind it seems. I thought perhaps someone else had a similar experience. I am only slightly over weight. I two sizes larger than what I should.
Maybe it's as Ireneo suggested, stress. My stress level has been stretched to the limit the past 5 years. I believe a vacation is in order.
I am sorry, sometimes I think all people has good spelling but me.:) True. My English is crap often, if hurry to type and if I don’t do spelling check. …you know..English is my second language bla bla…..:)
Yes Ireneo  was right ,stress capable of lots of awful things.
Take care! I need a holiday also!! We go pick up Ireneo and  go to  a good place!:)Only Ladies!:))
You two are so funny. I'd love to get away from it all. Too many bad things happening right now and I'm tired of being responsible for other's problems. I could say no but how do you say no to your Mom or daughter or grandson?

There have been times when I felt a sudden weight and tingling in my arms, like someone was pulling them down. I'd shake them, rub them but it didn't help. I had to wait it out. But as I said, it seemed to happen when I was angry or upset about something. I hope you get some rest Dwannalaree. And MissV - I want to hear about your garden. Write to me on ghost.