Heart Disease Expert Forum
Help and advice me

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Help and advice me
I am a female age 50 with normal BP but diabetic and cholesterol just above normal
i need an expert advice on the basis of my following test, and also tell me do i need angiography test

INTERPRETATION OF MY ECHO T EST.ECHO 2D AND M MODE WITH DOPPLER

Mild Left Ventricle Dilation
Mild left ventricle systolic dysfunction, ejection fraction 50%
No aortic regurgitation/aortic stenosis
Right Heart is normal
No pericardial pathology

Thanks,

Regards,
JK
First of all, you should definitely be on an ace inhibitor and beta blocker if not already on this.  The echocardiogram reveals that your heart is larger than normal in size, and the pumping function is close to normal, but a little low.  In diabetic patients, the most common cause of cardiomyopathy is coronary artery disease.  One fear with patients who have diabetes is that sometimes they do not have typical symptoms of chest pain with coronary artery disease, and may have what is called "silent ischemia."  It would be reasonable to perform a stress test or an angiogram, depending on what your physician advises. If the angiogram shows that you have severe coronary artery disease, there would be a survival benefit to fixing your arteries.  Hope this helps.