Heart Disease Expert Forum
High BP and Antihistamines
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

High BP and Antihistamines

My brother is asthmatic, has allergy. My brother, myself and my dad all of us have high BP and are on medications. I remember to have read that some antihistamines increase BP.
So the question is which antihistamine, asthmatic drug can he take.
His doctor has prescribed cetrizine ( cetrizine di hydrochloride ) and I'm not asthmatic , but have allergy and I was told I could use claritin ( loratadine ). Which is better for my brother, so that asthma - allergy medication doesn't retard the effect of the BP medication.

Should he take cetrizine or claritin along with BP medication.

Your help is very much appreciated.
Thanks,