High Blood Pressure/Hypertension
I was sent to a doctor by my union for a yearly physical On May 15, 2009. The doctor found my pressure to be 160/100. Asked if I had any previous problems. I advised him I had a physical in Dec 2008, pressure was 150/90, blood work, EKG, all fine.
He decided to do and echocardiogram. He advised I should return the following week. I did so on May 23, and was advised pressure was still high 160/100 and he stated my Echo was fine. He prescribed Lisinopril 10mg, 1x day. Two weeks later, I received a call from his office (June 14) stating the Echo showed a hole in my heart, and he wanted to see me in his office on Friday, June 19. When I arrived, he stated that the Echo was blurred, and the reading was not correct. And since he did not think my insurance company would pay for another Echo so soon after the last....he wants me to go for a heart MRI. I have no other health problem, no headaches,  dizziness, no shortness of breath, no  palpitations, no chest pains. I am just so confused. Is an MRI necessary