High Blood Pressure and the Heat
I have a question for you,I have high blood pressure with out meds it can and usally runs 160/110,which I really dont know if thats to high or not,when medicated Im running 130/82.When I was in Gulfport Ms thru Katrina,after it happened I was taken to a clinic due to my blood pressure being high,there they gave me meds and told me I needed to stay out of the heat,that this can add to my blood pressure being high,Im in Az,Phoenix area now,forced out due to no where to live after the storm,it is soooooooooo hot here,110 today,and can get the apt no cooler than 90 degrees,I had diah. today,and feel miserable,no fever,when it gets this hot,I get anxous,nervous,could it be my blood pressure acting out due to the heat??? Does heat have anything to do with blood pressure???
Any ideas helps,tyvm.
High blood pressure and heat dont always mix good !  
iv had problems myself a few times with the heat and being on blood pressure meds.
im not sure what happens inside us - but for sure you can not stand in the heat long !
I got dizzy and faint feeling in the heat -over 100deg F.  or direct sunlight !   was on a beta blocker med.  
and Yes my blood pressure went sky high !   with the heat !!!  

its always best to keep hydrated - and out of the sun and heat !!   when on meds

your b.p at 160/110  is very high  untreated
medicated at 130/ 82 seems more normal readings  but it depends on your size waight
and other factors . but that is a way better number.

depending what meds your on or types  beta blocker -ace inhibbitor - cal channel blocker
so on down the road -  that causes anxous and nervous feelings to happen
they all have side effects that can happen .  in heat and not in heat !

but yes indeed  the heat will effect you , when on medications for b.p.
best to keep safe ! and out of the heat .  

booger
tyvm for this info,the heat really bothers me,and wanted to be sure that the 2 didnt mix well,once again,tyvm.