High Blood Pressure in Morning
My mother has been experiencing extreme high blood pressure first thing in the morning 198/108 and it then goes down within a couple of hours.  She has never had high blood pressure and only takes atentnol for MVP.  She does suffer from anxiety and has gone down on the dose of her Zolft, Busbar and Nurantun (excuse the spelling).  She went to the hospital one moring with high blood pressure and they kept her all night checking her blood and doing a stress test, all came back ok.  Does anyone know what could be causing this serge of high blood pressure in the morning?  What can she do to bring it down, we worry about a stroke or heart attack?  She is only 55 and never had a health problem, any suggestions.
CCG
Hi: first see if any of her medications shes on ,might interact or interfear or cause b.p to spike in .a.m.  could be something like that happening?   it could also be eatting late or
drinking something before sleeping -that could cause the spike in b.p readings.  as well
she might need a larger dose of the atenenol (spelling)  sorry!   beta blocker to keep the b.p down at night.  

Might be best take her to see a good Doctor or even a Cardiologist  as they can find what is wrong ,and or adjust the meds if needed.  

with me as im on toprol xl and diovan  daily - iv had the same problems in the a.m.
and my Doctor adjusted the toprol xl up a dose , within 2 days the h.b.p was down.. in
the a.m..  however beware of side effects from the meds.. ouch !  
I am a 59 y.o. female, that had experienced somewhat of the same symptoms in the am.  I would waken with my pressure 160/90, 168/89, etc.  I was on Toprol XL, which did not work for me at all.  No Beta Blocker could have kept my pressure down.  At times it would go up to 220/110.  Frightened as I was the DR's didn't offer to much comfort, and could not control my B/P.  I also am plagued with severe anxiety, and when my pressure was up my anxiety kicked in that only INCREASED my blood pressure..I began to take a very small amount of xanax before bedtime and that seemed to take the edge off of the elevated morning pressures.  Then the miracle happened.   Since the beta blocker only decreased my HR, and did not take care of my elevated B/P, I was given another B/P med to try.  I was skepticle because I always have a reaction fom meds, as I am very sensitive; being desperate I gave the new meds a try.  I have experienced much better values with the new meds.  I am now on Lotrel 5/10mg.  I only hope my miracle med keeps on working for me.

Good luck

Nervous15
When I go to sleep my pressure is normal but I will wake up
in the middle of the night at about 4 am with pressure of 170/100.
Sometimes my right arm is completely numb. I do not sleep on it.
It is very scary.  I take coreg 20mgcr at bedtime and lisinopril
20 mg in morning My doctors think it is anxiety. But I am not so
sure; i do aerobic exercise lift weights and box