Heart Disease Expert Forum
High Diastolic Rate
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

High Diastolic Rate

I have metabolic syndrome and most of the aspects of it are under reasonable control with meds except my BP. The Toprol that I'm on keeps my heart rate low, generally in the 60s even when my BP spikes. I monitor it throughout the day with cuffs that are properly calibrated. I find that when my BP spikes my Diastolic can hover around 100 while my Systolic can be in the 130s-140s. My doc would like to have me on Ramapril but I'm on Allopurinol for Gout which could have a bad interaction. Anyway, what are the implications of a Diastolic that is higher relative to the Systolic?