Heart Disease Expert Forum
High Systolic Blood Pressure during Echo Stress Test
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

High Systolic Blood Pressure during Echo Stress Test

Dear Doctor,
I have searched this site for info on this question and have found nothing.  Therefore, can you please comment on the following:  While taking a stress test, I experienced a systolic blood pressure of 190 with a diastolic of 70.  This after only a couple of minutes of mild walking.  I also started out with some non specific ekg changes.  Is a systolic blood pressure of 190 normal for mild exertion?  Blood pressure prior to exercise was very good.  Thank you for any info you can offer.
Sincerely,
Ginny