High Systolic and normal Diostalic and High TGL
I have been taking Losartan 25mg in the morning and 25mg metoprolol ER in the evening. My BP is agraged between 120/70 to 140/90 most of the time. For the past one month My Systolic goes increasing and varies between 150 and 170mm/Hg. No change in diastolic and its well under 85mm/Hg most of the times. The doc said to increase Losartan by another 25mg thus the total 50mg. Is it ok to go for such dose change as I worried about low BP particularly diastolic. Other doc said to increase Metoprolol to 50mg ER and losartan 25mg. I dont know which one to follow.Secondly my Total Cholestro varies from 180 to 230 and HDL 40 to 50 and LDL 100 to 130 and TGL always above 200. I was prescribed Niacin NF1000mg per day but I yet to take it. I worried about flusing and other side effefcts. Thirdly I was diagnosed with Hiatus hernia,Eosophagatis and GERD. Taking Omeprazole 20mg in the morning and 20 mg in the night.  Please help in sorting out all these issues.(Dose chang to Losartan 50, Niacin 1000mg,Hiatushernia and Esophagatis). Thanks in advance.
Wow this is what I take, I too take metoprolol and losartan, and.was diagnosed with hital hernia. I started with 25 mg metoprolo a year ago. It didnt do a thing except my bp would go up and down. I have always had pretty low bp,(my meds are to slow heart rate) so I was scared when my doc wanted to up the dosage. But once he put me on 50 mg everything changed, and I felt so much better,my bp did go really low normal for me is around 85/45 but doc said it was ok as long as I didnt feel faint.i take losar, and metop,the same time, but everone is differant. My colest,is 200 but doc told me the bp meds can spike the number too, so im just on a diet for that. As for  the hernia meds didnt work for me,but they may for you.it may be a little while to see a change if u up your bp meds,maybe 2 weeks. If your too worried about side effects of cholesterol meds,which I was as well, you can start off with an over the counter vit. It lowers cholesterol more naturally,its called cholest off. I stopped precription and got this instead and doc had nothing but good things to say about it.