Heart Disease Expert Forum
High T-Waves

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

High T-Waves
I had an EKG done in relation to dizziness while I am doing exercise. I had a heart stress test done and everything was normal. My Dr. stated to me that my T-Waves were high and it was caused by too much potasium, is this true?
beagle,

If your potassium was high at the time that was the case. The only way to tell would be to check your potassium level. However, it usually takes an abnormally (and often dangerously high level) to actually cause ECG changes. The ECG changes from hyperkalemia are fairly characteristic, but there are many causes of 'high' t waves such as those seen in young healthy patients, those seen from hypertension and those seen from ischemia.  I would have to see the ecg to know one way or another.

good luck
"T-Waves were high" are you mean Venticular R on T? I go thro my holter report and never see a "T" by it own.  It has ST Segment analysis.  Is it the one?  What is the normal figure/rate for T-Waves?