High diastolic pressure 92 and heart flip flops
About 3 weeks ago I started having flip flops and fluttering in my chest.  I went to the doctor and my blood pressure was 120/92.  He did a ekg which was normal, heart rate was normal, pulse was normal.  I have no pains, I still have my energy, sleep good at night. It doesn't bother me in any way except for just the uncomfortable feeling I have in my chest from it flip flopping to fluttering goes on.  This happens throughout the day, more when I am sitting and relaxing. Of course anxiety has set in because of it being the heart and not knowing exactly what is going on.  My doctor set up for me to have a 24 heart monitor put on and I should have that done this week. But I don't see him again until Aug. 18th.  So another 10 days of wondering and waiting to find out what is going on. Please help me either by reassuring me that I am not going to drop dead or tell me if I should just by pass my doctor and go see a cardiologist? One more thing my birth control pills where changed to Ortho Trycylene Lo about 3 months ago after 25 years of being on Otho Novum 777. Would this have anything to do with the flip flops in my chest.   Thank you for your time.    Peanut

This discussion is related to What causes a flip-flop of heart?.