High resting pulse rate vs. high altitude
   I am a 37 year old male. 6'1" tall, 145 pounds. I am a non smoker, non drinker and eat a low fat ovo-lactic vegetarian diet.  I recently (four months ago) moved from sea level in Monterey, California, to 9000 feet above sea level in Durango, Colorado. I recently resumed my treadmill workouts. Daily, 3 mph at an incline of about 10. I thought I had acclimated to the altitude, however, my resting pulse rate is about 84 bpm. What's going on? I must admit to being a little bit worried.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Steven Kramer
I would expect that your body should have already adjusted to the new altitude. A pulse of 84 at rest is not abnormal, but if it is higher than your usual, you may want to get a check up to make sure you are not anemic (low blood counts).