Heart Disease Expert Forum
Holter Monitor Report, what does it mean?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Re: Re: Re: Holter Monitor Report, what does it mean?

[Search][ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Heart Forum ] [ Archive/FAQ ]

Posted by CCF CARDIO MD - CRC on October 12, 1998 at 11:00:15:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Holter Monitor Report, what does it mean? posted by Dorothy on October 09, 1998 at 19:32:31:

: Thank you for your quick response.  My problem was this.  My cardiologist nurse told me these were PVC's, but when I went to talk to my doctor me told me they were PAC's and not much to worry about.  If these were indeed pac's would not the report have been termed different?  I guess I should have demanded a better answer from him, but he always seems to be in a real hurry, and just says you tests are fine, you don't need any more explaination.  Time to find a new doctor huh?
  Thank you so much, for the caring answer.  I hope you have a great weakend.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
Dear Dorothy,
PAC's and PVC's are very similar to one another.  A PAC arises from the upper chamber of the heart and a PVC arises from the lower chamber of the heart.  Otherwise your doctor was right in telling you there is nothing to worry about.  Don't forget you can also call his office to ask questions you forgot to ask during the visit.
I hope you find this information useful.  Information provided in the heart forum is for general purposes only.  Only your physician can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.  Please feel free to write back with additional questions.
If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE or inquire online by using the Heart Center website at www.ccf.org/heartcenter.  The Heart Center website contains a directory of the cardiology staff that can be used to select the physician best suited to address your cardiac problem.