Heart Disease Expert Forum
Holter Test Report

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Holter Test Report
Hey Doctor,
I had a HOLTER TEST and the report says that I have a pause of 2.26 seconds in my heart.What does this signify in terms of heart-health?
and although few SVEs and VEs have also been found. My blood Pressure is also very high. The diastoclic one exceeds 150 at times and the systolic 120.
Please reply
A pause of 2.26 seconds in short, and likely occurred after an extra beat. Nothing to worry about, if asymptomatic. SVEs and VE's (aka supraventricular extrasystole and ventricular extrasystole) are very normal and nothing to worry about.

You are likely mixing up the systolic and diastolic numbers. Systolic is higher than diastolic, so it sounds like you get as high as 150 systolic and 120 diastolic -- both of which are too high. You should see your doctor about starting a blood pressure medication. Also, lifestyle modifications can decrease blood pressure (decrease salt and fluid intake, increase exercise).