Hot flashes and palpitations on head
Over the last year I have been suffering from hot flashes to the head, face and neck.  It is quite uncomfortable with visual redness and hot to the touch.  It had primarily happened after exercise but now at random times it seems to occur more often.  It can last from several minutes to several hours.  Usually during these "attack" I have noticed that I have a palpitation on my head.  In other words, I have a sensation when I am sitting that whatever I am sitting on is moving.  I was able to find that a vein on the top of my head near my hairline was "beating hard."  I have checked my blood pressure and all seems to be fine.  I was told that I have slightly high blood pressure during this time, but the Dr. said it was nothing to worry about.  It was presented to me that I was suffering from stress.  I find it hard to believe since it continues to happen three years later, and with considerable more frequency.  

Thank you for you time.
I would definately get a second opinion from another doctor. The main thing you probably want to get done is have an MRI to rule out any possible aneurysms that might be developing, or blockage of any arteries. Best bet would be to see another doctor immediately before things get worse, hopefully they dont! Quick question are you able to think well during the episode? any altered level of consciuosness?
Most vascular problems don't go on for years without becoming MUCH worse. Your symptoms could be anxiety related as well, it's amazing what anxiety can do to the human body. Hot flashes and a sensation of feeling your heart beat are classic symptoms, especially if your blood pressure is staying normal.

It's your body and you know how you feel so if you are concerned you certainly should get a second opinion.

Good luck!

Jon