How Long Do Tests Last
Hey i was wondering how long are test results good ie: stress test, cardiac cath,echo,ekg, Lets say you had these tests done and they were all ok how long before you would need them again??
Hey there chevy man, I have asked my cardiologist that same question and there really is no set answer. If you have an underlying condition then a stress test may be repeated annually, but tests that come back normal are generally not repeated until there is a change in your symptoms or condition. You really don't want to repeat tests more than that because each time you take a test, like a stress test, you increase the risk of a false positive which would result in the need for more invasive testing which was not necessary in the first place. Anyways, thats what my cardiologist told me. I have had anual cardiac workups the past three years since I experienced some mild chest pain in 2005 and this past August when I had my last one she told me that there was no need for any further scheduled visits as the tests have always been normal which is why we had the conversation. She actually told me I no longer needed a cardiologist as my heart has always tested normal and she felt it was time to have my family doctor manage my care, which I guess is a good thing!

I know that's kind of vaque, but there really is no expiration date on these tests, just watch for any changes and let your doctor decide if another test is needed unless you have an underlying condition. Now go wax that chev and stop worrying about your heart, it beats being worried all the time, that's how I got into vettes.............

Good Luck,

Jon