Heart Disease Expert Forum
How dangerous is it to miss a dose of sotalol?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Can missing a dose of sotalol cause chest pain and increase in symptoms of heart failure? I recently missed a 120mg dose and by evening had developed  pain around my heart, weakness and fatigue. I gained 5 lbs in the next 2 days and any exertion resulted in chest pain. I increased my diuretic and lost the 5 lbs although I continued to be easily fatigued and weak with any activity. I used nitro spray for the chest pain. I have NICM, an ICD, atrial fib. I also take metoprolol. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
I don't think so.  This is more consistent with heart failure exacerbation which majority of the time is difficult to explain but may be due to dietary indiscretions, changes in meds (usually increasing the doses of beta blockers or sotalol, not missing them), arrhythmia such as atrial fib or progression of the disease process.