Heart Disease Community
How do I know when skipped heart beats are dangerous?

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Viewing 401-454 comments:
i have it too babe!! its been gone for a year plus h hey presto its here to visit again! n like u yes i am sooo afraid to be alone just at home with my little one coz i tot i will just pass out anytime. n when i have PVC, my left shoulder blade really hurts so much so that i think im gonna have a heart attack. now what i do when i have pvc is i will calm myself down, it still feels uncomfortable though but i feel a bit relaxed. Omega 3 supplements help too :) n boy im glad im not alone facing this :) u take care babe :)
I had 9 in a row on Sunday and all most pass out my life flash befor me
I have this issue and the ER gave me adivan which I took yesterday and it didn't help much. Now I'm afraid to take them after reading about withdrawal. I am sick of the feeling I keep getting. I have a sense of doom that rushes from my head and down my chest. I just want to feel normal again but it feels as though I am trapped and cannot get out. I feel as if I can't find myself anymore. I try to relax and do things to take my mind off of it and then out of nowhere the feeling rushes through me. I don't have a regular doctor and no insurance.  The ER says my chest x ray and ekg were normal, as well as blood tests. Is there a dietary change I can make? I am on my 3rd day of having this and am hating it so much.  My husband keeps telling me I'm ok but I just look at him and wish I could feel normal again. I am afraid of taking daiky meds. Where did this come from? Is it from what I eat? Sorry this is making me panic more.
I to have had them now for many years, but decided to come back on and do some research as this has been the longest stretch...since early evening yesterday. I am concerned too. I've done the monitor but of course, nothing happens when I have it on. I do find that my diet plays a large role. Chocolate, coffee, pizza, and potato chips are dead ringers for me. I can almost guarantee that they'll set it off. May not be the case for everyone, but for me, I know I have to stay away from these, at least eat much less of it. I would keep a very close eye on what you're eating. It could be linked to an allergy reaction. I am allergic to cheese, chocolate and potatoes! Through the years I never really knew how my body reacted to these foods, but now, I've noticed that's the symptom. Hope this helps. Try not to worry.
I have had this for the past four years should I be worried it does scare the heck out of you. My heart skips a beat then you lose your breath it just started to happen more often when I am doing stuff I don't feel it I feel it when I am just sitting there
I have been dealing with PVC's for over 2 years now.  I wondered if the "Z-Pak" that I had taken plenty of, and was reported to cause Arthymia was the culprit.  I come from a family with absolutely no heart ailments on both sides.
So, when I noticed the "skipped" beat, I got concerned.  After a Stress test, Echo, many EKG''s, 1 day monitor's, 2 day monitors, 30 day event monitor, my Cardiologist decided to send me to an Electrophyicist.  Now. . .For 2 years I wasn't given any medications, and was told to come back every few months or so.  Now after over 2 years and thousands of PVC's per day. . . They want to get serious concerning the skipped beats."What?" Why wait for  2  years, I ask, then all of a sudden send me to an EP?  . . .  The doc says the PVC's will weaken the heart.  Well I ask "Why have we waited all of this time, then?"f
I am becoming a little concerned with any diagnosis, to tell you the truth.  I am a 67 year old female, I feel younger, and am basically healthy, with a lot of muscle and skeletal problems, though. I wonder if the R.A. And other problems are causing the skipped beats, because of inflammation. . .??
I also have been exposed to a lot of "Energy" and wonder if it has messed with my electrical system.  
I am really tired of these skipped beats controlling my life. . .  I find if I try to forget, it does seem to help some.  I will post after I see the EP, if I decide to even bother. . .  Just too many different "perhaps its this or that" diagnoses, and no real answers.
JJ
Wooow.. you all made me feel so relieved. I do have strong family history of heart attack and I myself have high cholestrol. Should i be worry then?
These all symptoms are mostly related to having tight hip flexors. So as per my knowledge, you must also be suffering from Hyperlordosis (Extended lower back arch). You should do, all hip opening yoga poses daily to get your spine back in correct position and relax tightened hip flexor and abdominal muscles.
I have the same thing I get a weird bubble feeling in my chest right when they happen and then it feels like my heart flip flops and it skips a beat or two . After that it sometimes races like crazy or just goes back to normal. I too have gone to the ER and he did blood tests and hooked me up for two seconds to an EKG and put me on a heart monitor for about two hours. They also gave me a holter moniter for 24 house that caught nothing. The weird thing is I can go for like months without one and then all of a sudden I will ER them for a few days straight? I'm just wondering if the tests I had are enough to make sure my heart is really okay! I know that when I exercise or anything like that my heart is fine and I don't experience anything weird so I am thinking and hoping that my heart is okay ?
Hi all.. I have had problems since I was about 12.  I had my first panic attack watching a spider movie with my parents.  They took me to the dr. and found out that I had Mitral Valve Prolapse.  I am 45 now, and I can tell you that these attacks have had different phases as I have grown older.  They started out when I got into a fight with my ex husband and it took my breath.  Well, then it started happening every month, before my time of the month.  Now, I have had a complete Oopharectomy, and 8 months later, it now happens daily, many times a day.  Sometimes making me breathless.  I am suffering with depression which goes along with MVP, and my chest feels like something is going to jump out of it, along with missed beats, and palpitations.  Sometimes, I feel like I would rather die than to have this constant feeling of it.  I have no insurance, no job, and can't afford a dr.  I had a heart catherization done about 10 years ago, and had a 10% blockage, but the dr. said i had the heart of a teenager.  So many things, but mine was and is mainly about hormones.  I don't take them at all, so my body is deprived of the hormones that make your body function properly.  
I have suffer a skipping in my heat beat off and on over several years, and it always takes me by surprise and my breath away every time, even after all these years.  I have seen a large number of doctors an with countless examines of EKG's and the likes. All they ever say is that all of us have them a most never feel it, I diffidently feel it. What none have ever told me is why I can feel them, the one thing I would love to know.   To the ones that say it make them fearful to go to sleep, there are several reasons why I'm not worried, thought after the news of a main character of duck dynasty being removed from the show for what he said to the media , I'm not sure what I can say because of faith, my first advise is faith, other than that, the best thing you can do is have your heart checked as regularly as possible, besides if you worry about it, you're listing to it, and no sleep.
I hope I haven't offended anyone with what I have written, and hope it has helped!
having this sh!!t for 2nd day. skippin/extra thump like roughly 10time in an hour. everytime can feel heart beating...fell like something wrong wit my heart. gonna see doc tomolo..hopefully nothing happens...
THANK YOU ALL for sharing your experiences and insights regarding skipped heart beats. I happened on this site last night after suffering through a series of unnerving episodes that kept me awake and drove me to Google.  It was truly reassuring to discover that I am not alone with this.  It was also comforting to see how so many of you are managing with it . You are all now my new BFF .  Like many of you I have deleted caffeine and nicotine from my diet and have found that has helped to minimize the frequency but not eliminate the episodes. Also, MSG in foods can cause increased flip flops for me.   I have found that the episodes do disappear briefly when I concentrate on something that distracts me completely, so there seems to be a cognitive/psychological influence somewhere in all of this.  Although I am not aware of any stress, I believe that stress ( whether acknowledged or not) does have SOME influence.  I think so because after reading your many comments last night , the episodes have diminished in frequency and intensity today as I was relieved beyond belief on discovering and reading the many comments on this site last night.  The episodes still occur but are not as disturbing today. Best wishes to everyone, and, as they say in Old England, Keep Calm and Carry On !!
I believe I have something very similar.  Wine and chocolate contribute to it.  It turns out the problem was acid reflux.  I understand it affects the vegas nerve and can  cause all sorts of issues.  I have taken previcid and Dexilant and both make me feel great.  Also when I was drinking decaf coffee, I thought it must have some caffeine in it just like you did.  A year later, I realize it was the acid in the coffee triggering everything.

Carl
Hey I to think acid reflux plays a part , I had 7 hours of non stop every other heart beat last sat night, I burped Burger King whopper threw most of it they went away, been stressed for having them so long not eating good, today felt small flutters again, my stomach still not good from stress, took a couple tums they seem to help flutters went away,stomach still feels burn and not good so will keep eating tums praying flutters stay away, hate having so many and for such long hours
Hi craggiest...I have been reading all these posts and can relate to yours as u say it happens when u excersize...I have exactly same symptoms flutters...skipped beats...even feels like it goes up to mt throat sometimes...I had an EKG and stress test all came out fine but of course my heart didn't feel the skips during the tests...it's so scary I sometimes even feel dizzy...they say its stress but I'm not stressed till after it happens...have you had any success with finding what causes yours..this ...G
Wow can acid reflux really play a part in this skip n flutter heartbeat....I eat tums like candy since I get heartburn all the time...had EKG n stress test and all came back fine but I'm so stressed over it that I don't believe the results are correct...I feel like a crazy person wanting to go to dr after dr....have you had any luck finding something to help...G
I'm 53year old female. I also have been having irregular heart beats. since I had what they said may have been a clot or light stroke Dec 12th 2013. I don't feel like my self since that happened either.  My heart doesn't seem to want to go back to regular rhythm after that. It does effect your life so much. I to would like to wake up feeling like I did before Dec.12th. I've had some things in the passed with my heart beating to slow & put in the hospital. They think those May have been from food allergies. I never thought I would ever be going through this at this age. I'm a care giver for my daughters two sons. I home school them also. I would like to have a support group for this also. I try not yo think about it. It seems to happen more when I'm sitting.
Thanks,Linda
I understand everything that is being said but my fear is when I get a few PVCs in a row....it feels like my heart is not going to go back to a normal rythym. I make myself cough and it stops.  My greater fear is that it will happen while I am sleeping and I won't know it so I won't cough and my heart will not go back to a normal beat.  Any comments?
I get the same feelings as you do.  Up in the throat.  Do you get the skips in a bunch and fear your heart not going back to a normal rythym?  That's what scares me and also that it might happen at night and I will die.
Hi Linda,

The worst thing is worry about it.  I know it sounds harder than it is. In my case, once I get those irregular beats, it can last for days. It's just a matter of getting your mind to be calms when they happen.  Just remember, once you calm down, you still have adrenalin in your blood from  your anxiousness that may last a few hours.  So you may still get some off beats during that time.  When this happens, just remain calm.  Eventually your adrenalin will subside and eventually you'll be back to normal.

What I find that helps are the following:
- aspirin
- hawthorn
- mothers worth
- and most importantly, keeping my mind off it

I hope this helps,

Ross
same thing here, I get runs of PVC/PAC and coughing will stop them - that's weird right? I worry that one day the coughing won't work. They are getting worse as i get older, and being peri-menopausal doesn't help probably.
I understand exactly how you feel. Our lives are a precious gift from Jehovah God. We don't want to loose it. I worry every day that I will go
Into cardiac arrest. My husband doesn't understand my anxiety. I do though look to the time very soon when Revelation 21:4 will become a
Reality. It says: And God will wipe out every tear from their eyes and death will be no more. Neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore
The former things will have passed away. As for all of us I'm sad we have to endure this daily.
The same exact thing is happeneing to me:  a skipped beat fallowed by a hard one like there's some clog starting.  This is scary as hell.  I just noticed this really and have just begun to look into it and this is the first I've found that matches.  I'm going to try the Ubiquinol and magnesium a try and do some more reading.  Yikes
  I have read most of the post about you all having (Skipped Beats, Fluttering, Skipped Beat Followed by Hard Beat, Racing Pulse). I suffered from the exact same issues as all of you have. No history of heart problems, Mild Hypertension, Elevated Cholesterol.
  When mine first started, I figured I was having a Heart Attack. Then it became so overwhelming that it basically took over my life. I to went to Doctor after Doctor, had Stress Test, Heart Monitors, EKG's, Sonogram Of my Heart. One Doctor after another said I was fine. And after I would leave the Dr. Office, and I would start thinking of the NEXT Doctor or Test I could schedule.
  It was like I was not going to be happy until I found a Physician that said YES your Heart is BAD! I could not accept that what we were taught your heart goes, thump, thump-thump,thump-thump. Not Thump,thump - PAUSE- thump-thump-thump, HARD-THUMP...etc. I to became very stressed, could not sleep. I just knew that the NEXT thump, it would just STOP beating. It's very scary to think every second of the day your going to have a Heart-Attack....
  But in the end, I finally just became ANGRY... I said Fine, if your going to STOP beating, the go ahead. I am SICK of worrying each second of my life. So I have continued to go on with my life and I let my heart do whatever it wants to. I know that goes against what we are taught to do. But when people who are Specialist in a field keep telling you you are FINE, then you can either believe them or continue to stress, worry and continue to waste your life letting this control you. I promise you after a while, you will not even notice them, and if you do, you will have peace that it's nothing....
  But this is just how I have chosen to handle my 'bout with this. And I am in NO way telling you that if you have a strange pain or something out of the ordinary happen that you should just ignore it. But as far as temporary heart skips, or fluttering goes, it is a "Normal" process in life as you can tell by the amount of people on here who are having the SAME problem and all of us are being told we are fine.....
  My wish is that each of you find Peace with this stressful situation and that you will find your own way to deal with it and mostly that you all have a Healthy Heart and Lifestyle....
I am 30 yrs old. I just started this weekeend with missing beats and its scarry what do you recomend i do. My hearth beats 3 times then stopr goes 15 more then stops its a repeat that doesnt stop. I can feel it and it causes shortness of breath and panic.
Try giving up caffeine.   It really made a difference with me. No more colas, coffee and even chocolate ! It still happens once in a while, but not very often.

I have had this condition for at least 25 years (I am 72). I, like many, have had to go through all the tests, wearing the monitor, listen to condesending doctors who think you are nuts since they can't hear it.  I had a major event and had to go to a hospital for the full gamit of tests.  All for nothing.  Then one doctor said lets try this.  It was/is an anti seizure medication and mild sedative.called Clonazepam, 1mg.  If I am having a big "event" where it feels like someone has hit me in the chest with a hammer and the resulting flutter and skipped beats, I take one and within 15 to 20 mins. it is gone and I am fine.  Can't take a lot of it, but it does get  your through the night and when you have big issues.  All I can say it is worked for me.  Ask your doctor if you can try it.

Hang in there everyone, remember there is nothing wrong with us. Except my father died of a similar thing.  I keep remembering that.
Wow! I too take klonopin. I am 58. Started having skipped beats last November after a very stressful job ,too much alcohol and caffeine. So I gave it all up. Then had all test done. I was on inderal for panic attacks and mitral valve prolapse since 1986. But never had skipped beats then. Now on to toprol xl and they have almost stopped. But anxiety, high stress does contribute to the skipped beats as I notice them more when stressed or anxious. Meditation helps anxiety and stress. Fatigue and acid reflux makes them worse also. I take nexium and rest. Most of all I notice when I stop stressing about them or distract myself they go away. Doctor baffled! You figure. If you find something that slows them down or stops them do just that. And pray.  Hey at 72 you are doing okay. Hope I make it that far!
Hi,my name is -Ashlee I was just told by my  Dr.my heart is skipping beats ,,for the last two year when I race walk I feel so fatigue that I faint . Even when I walk on the treadmill I feel so sick. The EKG  show I have a problem with my heart,so I have ,,, scheduled to go to a Cardiology-OCC. Thanks for this post.
Bravo!!! Getting ticked off was what pulled me to my feet and got me past an unhealthy, self absorbed obsession with the bull frog leaps and bangs of my heart rhythm.  I got ticked off and pretty much said, "OK, go on and kill me but until then I am going to live!"  Later I found out that I had hypoglycemia and after years of compulsively eating sugar I was able to cut out the simple sugars and my heart stopped bopping about.  I love your reply and the respect you have for the ways we as individuals meet life challenges.  We are courageous.  Life is scary until you surrender that you will die but until then you choose to live.  Took me a long time to get it.  Since then I have survived much.  I will remain in service to humanity until the last beat. Seize the Day.
I have had these same issues for years and am having a bout with it currently. One thing I found was that if I had ANYTHING with aspartame in it, it would make my heart beat very loud and hard.  Loud to the point where you can't sleep and feels like it is going to bang out of your chest.  So stay away from diet pop and especially gum.  Watch your foods that you consume and check your labels for this.  Another one for me is that I am allergic to lanolin,wool, lamb, so anything that comes from sheep.  I was taking about 5000 IU of Vitamin D a day until I found out that is sourced from sheeps wool lanolin.    I had been taking Vitamin D and having many issues with the heart skipping beats.  Once I stopped taking it, my heart settled down.  I now take Vitamin D sourced from mushrooms.  Hope this helps some of you out there.
A drink of coconut juice I bought form Costco called Vita Coco seems to relieve my PVC.  So I drink one or two of this every day.
Have had this problem for 10 years. I'm 41 now. Didn't know at first, Finally after my 3rd holter it show to be PVC's. Dr say it no reason for concern though I don't get them often but when I do they are feeling worst each time. I'm thinking if going back to the Doc. 'taken me long to finally learn that the more I worry the worst it gets.
Oh my gosh, You have explained just what I'm going threw!!!! Today I feel worried more so then ever about my heart, it's really jumpy..... and am waiting for it to pass again. Weeks will go by and nothing, and today my heart is doing it's circus act. I am 100 pounds over weight and am going to lose this weight once in for all because I think it's causing it more and more to jump and skip beats. Take hb pressure med's and med's for cholesterol , thyroid meds,metformin, have sleep apniea, and feel like I'm really in a bad way lately. Have thought of weight loss surgery .....maybe that will get the weight off. But lately with the heart jumps all day ......all day they go on .....I am scared out of my mind and think I will get this weight off on my own. Will lose some weight and see if it goes away, if not am going to the Dr. Have had every test a million times and they tell me the same thing, nothing wrong, don't worry about it. Don't like my life at all...this is a horrible way to live and can't understand why the Dr's can't fix a jumpy heart!  Take a heart drug too ....Bisprolol sp., very low dose. I have had this for about 10 years, (Sinus tachycardia)     Great reading what everyone is writing and does help a lot...God bless us all and help us live and accept this heart problem comfortably .  
I am 68 years old and been having flutters, skips since I was 25. I believe
once you start having these things they never go away completly. I've
tried everything, but I do believe gas and heartburn do contribute alot
to the problem.
to the problem.
i had those for close to 20 years i heard garlic helps with them so thought i will try it and to my surprise it did help quite alot
i have 2 days a week a few cloves of garlic  chopped up on toast with melted cheese
i have been experimenting for a while now and the week i dont have the garlic n cheese i start getting them again
not much just 4 to 5 cloves a week
I have been dealing with anxiety/depression/stress sense April of 2014. It started with heart palpatations and heart pounding when I would lie down.  Then while at work I had an episode at work one day.  I thought I was going to have a heart attack or a stroke.  I had all the symptoms of a heart attack but it never happean.  My blood pressure got up to 173/82.  I went to the ER, had all the tests, and they sent me home.  Said I was dehydrated.  I went and saw a cardiologist and had all the tests that could be done (stress test, ultra sound, chest films).  Doctor said there was nothing wrong with my heart.  I had my tyroid glade checked checked and it was all good.  I am now taking 150mg of Zoloft and 30mg remeron to sleep.  They have helped but Im not 100%.  More like 75% on a good day.  I still have heart palpatations, chest pains, back pains and etc.  All the symptoms you can think of.  I have heard that Lyme disease can cause alot of simlier symptoms but I have not taken a test yet.  

For the longest time I have thought I was gonna die anyday now from a heart attack or a stroke.  I would have the feelings again and hoped I was not alone so that if I did pass out or have a heart attack someone would be around to give me CPR.  I have two kids and it scares me to leave this world with them so young.  Im 34, dont smoke, have cut down on the alcohol, eat right, and I work out constantly.  I can run under an eight min. mile.  

Perhaps I work out to much or dont get enough sleep or have to much stress.  I am at the point of anger also and just gonna let my heart do what it does.  We all seem to have a laundry list of things that happean to us, are worse at different times, can new ones that pop up.  Reading all of your posts helps and I hope that what I have posted helps.  He strong and dont give into sadness and depression when it comes to these things.  Get out and live your life.  
Hi there,

I, too, have been getting irregular heart beats. Last month, I was sitting down at my computer after having a contentious conversation with my father and all of a sudden I felt like I was having a heart attack. I had my brother call the paramedics and they ran an EKG and said everything was fine--might be stress they said as my blood pressure was high. Now mind you, I have never been in that situation before..I have never felt like that before. I felt humiliated calling for the paramedics, but I know what I felt. Now since that incident, I get irregular heart beats (like skipping beats) or feeling of anxiety. I'm not sure what it is, but I do plan on making an appointment with a cardiologist.

I have been reading several forums as well and I am glad I am not the only one in this situation.

I am a 41 year old male and on New Years Day I woke up with my heart really racing. After a few hours my heart rate slowed down but I was noticing what seemed like a pause and then a flutter. After a couple of days I then had some tightness in my chest, which also went after another few days. I am still left with this pausing and fluttering. I have had blood test ECG and all come back normal. Yesterday I developed a cold on top of this and my heart rate rose to 90-100 Bpm. While it was high I didn't experience any heart irregularities, but today as my heart rate has come down I am experiencing them again especially when it slows to 55-60. I am waiting for echocardiogram in 5-6 weeks, hopefully this will shed some light. I'm also not sure if it is anything to do with the alcohol drank the previous night. Any thoughts please.
I'm like you,65 and had them since I was 30..Most people don't realize that a 300mg Magnesium pill a day will eliminate them for some people.My husband used to have atrial fibrillation but rest and magnesium cured him.
Just a reminder that this issue is common but also scary.More than likely it is stress but you need to see a cardiologist.The Dr has to see what its doing when its acting up.so many people on here say that its nothing but a person that may have died from it cant post on here.See a Dr for sure.I have had this happen to me about 3 times in my adult life and all times during high stress and its scary to say the least.You also need to learn how to regain proper breathing all day every day.  
Yes  I  have been going through this for 16 years. I first noticed while i was taking Tylenol pm nitely,  and i suspect the active  ingredient  dyphenhydramine had something to do with it. Same active  in benadryl.  I noticed that when I started taking your dude he returned with a vengeance also gas and acid reflux seems to play a large role its scary as hell my heart will beat very hard  skip a beat and then a very hard boom . Then it feels like i drop on a rollercoaster and lose my breath. I also worked  as an electrical worker  for many years and was zapped my fair share. I dont remember  it ever taking a path through my torso to ground though. Triggers for me are caffeine  alcohol  and the worst nicotine  from vaporizer.  Strangely       amphetamine seems to correct by stabilizing continuous  steady slow but    hard beat. When i run out watch out bom bom bom bom............BOOM every   30 seconds. Can someone please tell me why d-amp regulates the problem.  Its supposed to fo the oppisite, not in my case. Im to lazy to synth anymore so im out noe and oaying for it as ringo stsr is playing adrum solo in my chest. Alprazolam is aldo a life saver with this ****. Under the tounge for it melts snd seems to hit wuicker and work.  I have been so frazzled  i crush then and hoover it up my nostrils for almost relief.  It has impeded  my life significantly,  as i dare travel  without my jar og trusty xanax  and  enough dpeed to set my tickers pace right. This however is dangerous  for my freedom. I started with the amphet for that rush snd energy now its strictly  medicinal,  as it lost its magic long ago. Is there an alternative for me besides my current regimen. By no means am i insinuating  anyone  try my form of self medication for fear of dire consequences. Please if someone knows why this odd remedy seems to alleviate  my symptoms please reply  back and let me know thank you.
i have had palpitations for yrs, 7 yrs ago i was diagnosed with high blood pressure and breathing issue. i was not treated I had severe migraines every day and sometimes for 2 weeks straight. they would cripple me. then migraines eased up some. then id jut feel dizzy or weak. in 2011 i had a stroke. I was 37 yrs old. everyone that witnessed the stroke knew it was a stroke without a doubt. i was shoved out of my docs office saying it was amigraine headache. still having all the above symtpoms but then my body was lopsided a bit, i had svere nerve damge in the back of my head, and a back issue that makes my hip give out at any time. and the pain is bad. other symptoms had increased, had 2nd stroke in 2012. again was shoved out of docs office as him saying it was amigraine, yet took me 3 months working by myself to be able to walk right again. legs started shaking after second stroke and that shaking has also incresed. 2013 i had my third stroke. i couldnt work and wass hoved off as having amigraine headache again. so as you can imagine my anxiety levles sky rocketed after these strokes. never knowing when id have another one that would either kill me or leave me helpless. so i seena therapist. in a chapter form anxiety workbook it states its important to rule out heart disease as the cause of anxiety. I went to my doc and requested i be tested for heart disease afte rhe laughed about it he sent me for an ecg, it was bad enough i was sent next day for a stress test and the doc that did the stress test prescribed nitro glycerine right then. 2 days later doc told me i have a severe heart condition and he was referring me to a cardioligist. they set up a stress echo right away and found i have a bicuspid aorta.My doc told me of what i have and said it will kill me and it dont matter what i eat or di and to go live it up. my cardioligist said theres nothing wrong and ill see you in 3 yrs. i went back and told my doc this and he has agreed witht the cardioligist and refuses me any referrals to another cardiologist or bck to my neurolgist . my neurolgist is the only one that tried finding out what was wrong. so i went to the medical clinic and the doc there has also refused any referrals. I can no longer do anything pphysical i cannot walk stairs without my legs shaking, short of breath, weakness, dizziness, irregular beats that sometimes skip 2-3 beats at a time. yet i have found out there is a surgery that can be done  and there is treatment. yet im being refused anything that will help me to get better. I ive in a place where health care is paid for. so why wont any doc give me a referral? why am i left to live my life on a couch and bed? and the horrible anxiety that comes with knowing my time is ticking and im still not even monitored for high blood pressure or being treated for it????? angry,sad,frustrated here.
Yes that is like what happens to me.  Count 13-15 beats then it skips a couple then 13-15 beats and so on.  What is going on???
Hello I'm 14 years old and I've been having these heart skips for months now and I'm really worried I went to the doctors once & hospital also they said it was stress and some anxiety. I got blood work done & an EKG. My family is in a very tough situation and there's yelling everyday so it's a lot on me. It just seems like there's something wrong with my heart but I don't know the doctor said I was fine and the hospital. It just seems like it'll never go away no matter what. Btw I used to stay up till 5 am/ 7 am in the morning. I'm starting to go to sleep earlier but they still won't go away and I'm afraid to fall asleep. Can't even exercise without my heart skipping :( I'm thin too btw
Hi. I think the best thing you can do is have a chat to your parents or one of them. Explain how the situation is harming your health and how it causes you to worry so much. No matter how bad their situation, it isn't worth ruining the health of anyone over. Is there a relative you can stay with for a couple of weeks? I think you are in a vulnerable position and you should have mentioned it at the hospital. I know it's hard to do at the moment, but I'm hoping over time you can. Don't take any notice of the shouting, just think "no way will any kid of mine go through this when I grow up". This will make you a much stronger person overall. If you can, go to the Doctors and have a blood test for Potassium and Magnesium levels, these are very important metals for a healthy heart rhythm.
I get that same bubble feeling.  It's been going on for about six months. I also have a pain in my chest just below the sternum.  It's mostly on the right side. Also, I get relief when I lie down. Do these things happen to you?
I just stumbled here via google. I also suffer from this skipping. It is starting to drive me really crazy. My doctors blame it all on anxiety, even though I don't feel like I am really having anxiety. Anyway, the reason I am writing to you, is the bible passage you referenced. I did a facebook quiz today, It said, what bible verse is meant for you. Mine was this same one from Revelations. What is this verse saying? I take this as a sign, because I have prayed so much for relief from this. The verse confuses me as to what the meaning is. My anxiety wants me to believe, I am going to die soon. My logic is telling me, it's all gonna go away soon, without dying. What is your understanding of this verse?
Viewing 401-454 comments: