How does a Cold Affect Heart Rate
I have had what seems to be a typical cold for about a week: coughing, sneezing, clogged sinuses, headache, mild fever (only one day), sore throat (only two days), eye discomfort, etc.  However, I have also found myself to get winded fairly easily when climbing stairs of moving fairly quickly.  I am 22 years old and getting tested for MVP next week.  I am usually pretty fit and tolerant of exercise.  Does a cold actually affect pulse rate?  I am finding that my resting rate and active rate has been quite high for the duration of the illness.  Is the body somehow weakened and the heart needs to work a bit harder during these times?  Please offer your insight.  Thank you.

Fred
A cold or fever can raise the heart rate temporarily. So can certain cold medications.